All you Dixie girls (and hygienists) who read my blog, here is Mirissa's new little boy! They named him Charles Harrison and will call him "Charlie". He is long, lean, and very sweet. Ris is doing great, still in that new mom haze but loving her little guy.
Warning: Long and personal documentation of current pregnancy.
Holding Ris's baby makes me excited and NERVOUS for our boy to get here. I have a good three weeks to go, and if the past is any indicator I will be going over that. However, from the very first month, this pregnancy has been so different from my first that I am not sure what to expect. I gained 30 lbs with Miriam and was SO active-running the whole first trimester, aerobics and weight training the whole second, walking and doing the stair stepper the whole third. I have gained 1 lb with this pregnancy so far (keep in mind I went into it 30 lbs over weight so I am not some skinny minny), and have only walked sporadically and done some belly dancing the whole pregnancy. My doctor is not concerned because the baby is growing great and both of our vitals are very healthy. I am not dieting...I repeat I am NOT dieting! Darin can affirm this. Crazy.
Miriam did not kick often or very hard. I remember being so excited with every movement I felt, and that we had to be patient for Darin to feel one. This little guy is kicking and pushing and shoving me to death! It feels like he stands on my bladder, to grab hold of my ribs. His movements stopped being amusing a few months ago. Also, until I went into labor with Miriam I felt absolutely no pain. The Braxton Hicks were nothing, just some tightening in my belly. I knew when I was in labor because I felt actual pain. For the last 2 months my belly has been tightening at random making me very uncomfortable. Because of this, my belly muscles have been sore for the past 2 months and in the last week I have started feeling waves of hard cramping (like menstrual cramps). My doctor said his theory on that is that my body is remembering what it needs to do and is getting ready. It depresses me to think I may be having these waves of cramps for 3 more weeks.
My emotions are also different. I was watching Miriam dance the other day and just started crying thinking that our relationship is about to change and she has no idea. Who we are together is going to be different...better because there will be someone new to love and to give love back but I am still mourning the end of "us". I don't think I did the same mourning over the Darin and I "us" with Miriam. Perhaps because I didn't realize how much it would change. Maybe my mourning happened after the fact with Miriam, and there will be less tears after this guy comes than with Miriam. I cried a lot that first week. I don't remember feeling sad or depressed but I didn't stop crying for an entire week.
I believe I need to stop worrying about it and go clean my fridge (and mop my floor, and organize baby clothes, and do laundry....)