Sunday, April 01, 2007

Our Weekend

This has been one of the best General Conferences I have had in a long long time. Mainly because I was able to listen to so much more of this Conference then any in the last 3 years. Miriam has been pretty needy during other Conferences and I have ended up entertaining her during the two days and really hearing about 3 talks. This time around, my plan was to be armed with tons of distractions for her, and to totally wear her out during the 2 hour intermission.

Saturday morning session
Paint, color, cut, glue..she made about 6 "art projects". Helped mom do the dishes (thats why she isn't wearing a shirt, it was wet).

Between Sessions:
We met my friend Erin, and her cute family at the zoo for her little girls 1st birthday party. Erin was one of my companions on my mission in Boston. I had amazing companions my whole mission (the odds of that are very slim), and this girl was one of the very best. So many laughs, Erin is just such an original. She loves pioneers, making pottery, vintage homes and decorations, men with red beards (she found one!), playing basketball, and has more friends than anyone else I know. Darin and Miriam at the zoo, it was so novel to have him with us we had to take a picture.

Second session: We listened to Conference during the 30 min drive home. Once home, I have to admit I napped, I have no idea what Miriam did.

Priesthood Session:
We went to McD's to get another Wiz o Oz doll, I called around and we have missed completely the Glenda Doll. I thought I just needed to go to McD's once a week, but each franchise just gives them out until they are gone and moves on to the next doll so you have to go EVERY DAY to find out what they are giving away. I really need to let this obsession go I can not compete with the world power that is McDonalds. I still want the tin man, scarecrow and lion, I can't help myself I have a problem. I know I could find them on ebay, but if they are more than $3 it really isn't worth it since Miriam plays with them all the time, she loves them (notice Dorothy's hair). I haven't kept them in the original packaging or anything. We stopped at the Red Box and rented Fairytopia for Miriam (I was shocked it was in) and The Holiday.

Sunday Morning Session: Miriam watched Fairytopia, and then we made oatmeal craisin cookies.

Between Sessions:
We started our Christ Centered Easter activities (thank you G'ma for the book) by going on a nature walk to collect things that remind us of the Easter story. The walk took us to the nearest elementary school where Miriam ran and played hard (which was the point).

Sunday Afternoon Session: Miriam watched Fairytopia AGAIN which we usually wouldn't let her do but it was so nice to have her occupied. I have to admit, again I did some napping (I am not sleeping well at night). Miriam came down and fell asleep herself while conference was finishing. It was a wonderful weekend for me. So many of the talks seemed to relate directly to things I have been thinking about, and working through the last little while.

I finished a new baby project that has been on my 'To Do' list for awhile. Shirts for Miriam and her friend whose little brother is due in two weeks (but could come at any moment). I originally wanted to have them embroidered, but thought the $10 each shirt was a bit much. I went to buy velvet iron on letters and could find them only at Hobby Lobby. After driving to the nearest HL store, they just happened to be restocking the entire iron on section and didn't know when the letters would be out so I settled on the bling bling. I think its cute, even though the rhine stones may fall off after the first wash. I am clueless is $10 a shirt a good price for embroidery?