
Does every new mom suction these things to her face or is it just me?? Well, needless to say (due to the title) I forgot I had one suctioned on and by the time I remembered there was a huge hickie between my lip and my chin. I wish I had a picture but I am not in the habit of documenting my humiliations...I need to work on that. I had to fess up to everyone I saw because it was either that, or let them think my husband is a bad kisser, and that would be unkind (and so untrue!).
In other and better news we have enjoyed the fruits of others labors. Darin's
parents, my mom, and a few neighbors have given us fresh fruits and veggies that have been delightful. We have enjoyed raspberry smoothies, roasted root veggies, and I made zucchini bread today. This last weekend we were with Darin's parents where there are lots of fresh ripe tomatoes. We bought some fresh mozzarella cheese at Costco (you can make it the hard way which Lisa inspired us to try last summer, just follow this recipe) Grandpa and Miriam picked tomatoes and basil from Grandpa's garden and we had ourselves a feast! Just drizzle balsamic vinegar and olive oil on top with salt and
pepper....so good.We took Utah's fruit highway on our way up to Cache Valley and stopped at Pettingils for peaches. Heavenly. Every place we have stopped along that stretch of the road has had great produce, we just go to Pettingils because they make peach and raspberry shakes. Nows the time to head up there, they were only $.79 per lb and the good eating ones are ripe (as opposed to the canning ones).
Thank You Thank You to everyone who has shared their harvest with us.