
This is a picture of me with the gift Miriam gave me, a picture she had colored earlier that day, what a sweet little girl. We were staying with my parents last weekend for
Julia's baby shower, and my Grandpa's 79th (I think) birthday so my family had a little celebration for me on Sunday evening. I made a recipe I got from
Michelle, a flour less chocolate cake (I made it last year too, I love it). It was too rich for everyone besides mom and I.
Sarah said "If you take a bite with ice cream, and then a bite of just ice cream, it's pretty good!". My dad was less tactful "So what did everyone think about the cake, does anyone like it?". I couldn't eat very much of it though....lil Bub has a hard time digesting chocolate, and this cake is ALL chocolate. Thank you Julia and Sarah for the lovely Lia Sophia jewelry,
Kelly and Erik for the good smelling stuff (I need all the help I can get to over power the baby urp smell) thank you mom and dad for the $:)

Darin was very perceptive as always, keeping his title as best gift giver EVER. I told him I just wanted him to massage my feet for my birthday, which he did while we watched Hildego (sp?). He then gave me a gift certificate for a professional foot massage and a manicure. Miriam and I have been obsessed with Wicked for awhile now (Miriam's love for the Wizard of Oz is alive and well she wants to be Gilinda this year for Halloween) and we now own the CD, as well as the Celtic Women. Love it Love it Love it. Darin had said he was getting me a gift both Miriam and I would enjoy so I thought for sure we were getting the High School Musical DVD but he said he doesn't want to encourage that. He is probably right since Miriam loves evil and fashionable Sharpay way more than the sweet Gabriella.

Happy little surprises keep popping up in the mail.
Stephanie sent the darling pink and green cards,
Jill sent the cute black and red ones. How creative and computer savvy can you get?
Lori sent me a great CD and cute little book. My in-laws were very generous as usual, can't wait for my shopping spree.
Artsy Amanda sent these cute cards. My friend Fiona also took me to lunch a Paradise Cafe (best cookies EVER, Mrs. Fields has been knocked out of first place) and made me a funky bracelet and earings (sorry no picture, I am too tired to upload tonight).

and my gift to myself arrived. I ordered the kids their Easter outfits from
Strasburg Children's clearance sale. Their clothing is so much nicer than a picture can convey...great fabric, hand embellished, fully lined, I love it. Its such a relief that I like what I ordered since I stressed over it for 3 days (ask Sarah, she was annoyed). Even though it's for the children, it's a gift for me because I LOVE seeing my kids dressed up and matching to boot! I had to take the oppoortunity while Bub is young because no way will Darin let me dress him like this when he is older.
This is Miriam's new "best smile". I am thrilled...I just hope this phase doesn't last too long.
THANK YOU FOR MAKING MY BIRTHDAY SO WONDERFUL!!