Friday, December 07, 2007

Funny Kid update

We made "gingerbread" (gram cracker) houses at the Children's Museum today.
Here are some funny things I want to remember about today:
Miriam dropped the lid to her chap stick lid and asked me to retrieve it.
Me: "I don't know if I can"
Miriam: "I believe in you Mom (she puts her hand on my arm) you just don't believe in yourself"
That has to be from some movie or something.

To a girl next to her making gingerbread: "Did you try the icing? Ohhh it's really good I think you will really like it"
The little girl gives Miriam a blank stare.
Miriam to me: "I think she speaks Spanish"

We saw Santa (of the real beard variety) taking a break from picture taking with kids. Miriam yelled from a distance "I want a light writer!" (which is a new development, and I don't think she will be getting it) Santa said "what was that darling?" and started to walk toward us. Miriam puts one hand out in the stop fashion, one arm goes up to cover her eyes and she says "No No! I just want to yell it to you!".

Miriam, flippantly, when Darin came home from work: "Hello Faaather" (just like a British socialite).


I have no picture of this, but Bub has started clicking his tongue, and is quite proud of himself. He is beginning to move now, squirming and rolling around. He is not so content to sit in one place, and is getting a bit frustrated that everyone can just get up and leave him at any given moment.



Nearly every night after we put Miriam to bed she makes a "campsite" for herself by the door or by her night light so she can look at books even though it's lights out time. As long as she stays in her room we don't mind, we just go to our room and shut the door sending the message we are done for the day. Sometimes she tries to lure us into playing with her by slipping notes under our door. Eventually she will give up and fall asleep.

What was it Ferris Buller said? Something like... "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around you might miss something". Thats how I have felt today.