Miriam and Byron received so many thoughtful and wonderful gifts this Christmas. Lots of cute clothes (which is what I get excited about!) and games (we played a rousing game of Tea Party tonight...thank you Landon!!). But, every year there are THE gifts...the ones that really cause a stir of excitement. Here are the ones from this year.
Grandpa Byron made Miriam her very own kitchen!! To understand why this is so exciting, you just have to know Miriam. She rules over the kitchen in nursery, she asks to drive into S.L.C. to play with the kitchen at Pottery Barn Kids, she pretends to have her own cooking show, she wants to be a Costco cake decorator (and a ballerina/doctor) when she grows up...I could go on and on. The girl loves to bake!
The kitchen caused lots of spontaneous hugs and expressions of love for Grandpa B. I am just happy to have some place to put all her food toys.
Grandma R gave Miriam the cupcake decorating set (along with full uniform) she had been oogling over in the Hearthsong catalog. She wore the outfit all day, and had a blast making mini cookies in the tiny muffin tin. I think I am going to have just as much fun with the icing tools as Miriam will.
This little thing caused so much laughter! Miriam loves remote control anything (she is kind of a technology geek like her daddy). She giggles uncontrollably as this thing buzzes and flip flops around. Little Byron went nuts trying to crawl after these things. He was squealing, and doing this worm-like break dancing move to reach them.