Thursday, December 13, 2007

Miriam Funnies


Darin took Miriam on a daughter daddy date to buy Christmas gifts for Byron and I. She was positively giddy about it and had a wonderful time. I was surprised at how observant she is about things I would like. She had suggested ear rings but "small ones, because mom loves small earings" which is very true and a "Jesus picture" which is also true, I REALLY want this certain picture of Christ. Anyway...that is not the funny part. When they got into the car to leave Miriam said something like "I know! We can get mom new underwear because her bum shows sometimes...and new bigger pants and shirts!" AHHHHH I had to post this so Sarah can tell me "I told you so!" she has been telling me to get a belt for months now. Message received I will wear a belt with my jeans. (BTW although Miriam thinks so, it's not that my clothes are too small, it's just that my waist to hip ratio causes the waist of my pants to be huge to accommodate my thighs. This is a common problem among us hippy women.)

This morning I showed Miriam an advertisement of something I thought Darin might like. She looked at the $6 and said with her face scrunched in sympathy "Oh Mom, I am sorry this says 6, and that is lots of dollars, I don't know if we can get this right now. You might have to earn those dollars". Where does she come up with this stuff? Oh wait, I know I know, she gets it from us but it just sounds so silly!

*edited to say: Thank you mom, for being overjoyed with your gift of a crystal oyster (with a little pearl inside) one year for Christmas or Mother's Day or your birthday. Sarah and I thought it was perfect for you, and Dad didn't hurt our feelings by saying it was ridiculous. You've been kind all these years to display it next to your Danish glassware in the curio cabinet. I am sure Sarah would agree that if you would like to take it down and donate it to a good cause it would be fine with us.