Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Feeling Pioneerish


I roasted pumpkin seeds from 8 pumpkins yesterday. Miriam and I have been reading the Little House on the Prairie series and I just can't help feeling inspired by the "waste not want not" motto the homesteaders lived by. Not that I am anywhere near Caroline Ingalls but every little bit helps.....right?
I have even taken to wearing my wedding band only instead of the diamond. It makes me feel sweet and sentimental to see the small gold band around my industrius fingers (ha ha). I go through jewelry phases, and I guess right now I am in my simplify stage.

Miriam has been inspired by the Ingalls as well. Today she said "I want to be a good girl like blind Mary". She made up this pretend game called "poor wood" where she and her stuffed animals are poor cold and hungry (from the book The Long Winter) they have to find wood to burn and food to eat. It's a pitiful game, but so sweet how she looks after that crazy stuffed unicorn (Thanks Madison).

And Bub? He is getting another stinkin' molar. So clingy, so whiney, not the independent little scraper I am use to. I have to keep reminding myself to be patient, his mouth hurts, he doesn't know what to do with himeself. He is darling, even with a stream of snot constantly running down his nose and with a home hair cut.

I hope the library has the next book, I can't wait to see what happens with Alanzo!