Miriam did a wonderful job singing a solo in our Primary Program today. Her cute four year old voice was sweet and clear and she gave no hint that she was nervous. Not only that, she recited her talk (which she had written, and I had condensed to a reasonable length) in a strong voice, while looking directly at the audience. I realize that this is just the Primary Program...not a big deal, but if felt like a big deal. Maybe because I was so shocked when they asked if she could sing.......I don't know, can she?! Or, maybe it was because when Darin and I had her sing the solo to us for the first time she was off tune and off tempo. Mom talked me through that one, "practice" she said, which was always her motto, and "make it a good experience whatever you do".
So we practiced. And it was a good experience, a beautiful experience. A big part of that was because you were here with us. You witnessed the moment, you helped make the day special. Thanks Mom and Dad!
Miriam's talk
"Jesus created the world for us. I love the beautiful butterflies, the tall tall trees, the clearings with grass, playgrounds and bushes, and the beautiful flowers."