
The kids and I spent the weekend with my family at my parents cabin in the mountains. We were a few weeks past the prime foliage but it was still beautiful. We had hopped to help stain the deck, but the rain kept us from being productive. I actually prefer to be doing something while I listen to General Conference or else I just zonk out and sleep for 4 hours. I actually listen if my hands are busy doing some monotonous chore. Luckily there were meals to make and things to keep my hands busy, and cousins to keep Miriam and Bub busy, so I was able to listen to more complete talks than I have since Miriam was born.
My big impressions from conference are:
have hope
Unity
If you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all
The blessing of Priesthood blessings
Create + Service = contentment
Faith is a feeling and a choice
"Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you!
You smell like a Tater.....
and you look like one too!"
Happy Birthday to you!
You smell like a Tater.....
and you look like one too!"
-poem by Sarah