On the first day of December we decorated the tree.
I LOVE having a Christmas tree up with all the twinkly lights.
I LOVE having my freshly-cut-tree smelling candle melting underneath it.
I LOVE having ornaments that mean something, or remind me of past Christmases.
I LOVE the Festival of the Trees, which I am going to this Friday!
Funny story about our tree, we bought the sad little thing years ago for $4 after Christmas at K-MART. I keep thinking we should upgrade, but I am kind of attached to it's shape, and the way it's branches are so obviously fake...there is something truthful about being obviously fake. Anyway, ever since Miriam was born we have put it up on our end table to keep her away from it. I like it up there safe from not only our kids, but friends kids, and neighbor kids. It keeps those awkward "your kid just broke the Christmas ornament I received when I was born" moments at bay. One night we had some visitors (home teachers) and one man who exuded self confidence said something to the effect off "oh, good trick, put the little tree up high so people will THINK you have a nice big tree. Ours is huge, to the ceiling". I think of that story every Christmas, it reminds me you can't assume others motives.
SPT info here.
On the second day of December.
We had a Christmas tea party.
We had a Christmas tea party.
Thanks for the tea set Grandma C! Even though they are "for decoration only" they worked perfectly as toys.