Sunday, April 05, 2009

Conference Survial


I love that General Conference and Palm Sunday coincided this year. It makes the beginning of our Easter celebration week seem even more special, especially after listening to Elder Holland's talk on the last week of Christ's life. Perfect beginning.

My plan of attack for conference this time around was to do crafts with the kids during the morning sessions while listening to the radio...really loudly. Bub goes down for a nap just in time for the afternoon session, so we had Miriam do her conference packet then. I would say it was a success, although the minute I stop doing something with my hands I am lulled into a peaceful conference slumber. Thank heavens for the Ensign.


Ta-Da! (messy but cute-thanks Family Fun magazine)

Growing up, my family had two conference traditions: big breakfast Sunday morning (check) and doing something active as a family between sessions (my favorite was flying kites). On Sunday we took a family walk to the church well (for my chlorine free water) and collected nature items to remind us of Christ's Atonement. The Gospel Art kit pictures are up, and the goal is to talk about Christ's last week everyday this week...nothing fancy, just a song or a story. If I try to get too elaborate I tend to disappoint myself and lose the spirit of the celebration.

Before Miriam took the picture below she said:
"I am going to take my self portrait...please don't delete it and put it on your blog tonight. I will check for it tomorrow"
So this is for Miriam...the self portrait artist.

Happy Easter!