Saturday, April 18, 2009

Dancin' Queen

Today was going to be an exciting day for little M. We were going to meet Grandma and cousins at the Tulip Festival and then they were all coming up to watch M dance like little orphan Annie, and Peter Pan's lost boys at her recital. The dress rehearsal was yesterday and she looked so darling...I know I am biased but seriously, spitting image of a Madame Alexander Doll. My camera didn't have the battery in or I would have proof. I didn't sweat it at the time because we had the actual recital to take plenty of pictures.

But no....there was no dancing tonight.

Miriam woke up around 2:00 am burning up, speaking nonsense about spraining her ankle because she was spinning, her neck and hair hurting, and then hot soup going down her throat. It was so out of the blue, Darin and I were really nervous. She had gone to bed laughing and playing with Bub, never said one word about feeling bad, and woke up seriously ill.
We took her to the doctor who confirmed that yes, she is one sick little girl and no she couldn't go to the dance recital because strep throat is highly contagious.

She was pretty sad that is for sure.


But Grandma, Julia, Tatum and little Wyler came anyway! The Congratulation flowers became Get Well Soon Tulips. Julia gave her dance hair bows and Angelina stickers, how could things not seem okay after all that?

Plus, I just peeked in on her, and her fairy left some candy under her door.

{Sarah wanted to, but couldn't come because her kids are so susceptible to strep throat...they have had it like 3 times already this year. Children under two don't seem to get strep, and we were careful to keep Miriam away from everyone.}