When Darin talked to my Dad about marrying me, my Dad said, or possibly warned, that I was "determined". I don't see it so much in myself, but I see it in Miriam.
She can't be pushed into being determined. If she is not interested, she can do some sloppy work. (We have had many talks about this while doing homework) When it's her idea though, Holy Cow there is no stopping her!
There were many tears, and ripped blistered hands, while she was learning to do monkey bars. She NEVER gave up, not even when her hands were a bloody mess. She now tries all and any monkey bars she can find. And there are still tears, until she conquers each one.
She was the same when it came to snapping, hula hooping, and tying balloons.
I guess the trick with Miriam will be making her think that everything I want her to do was her idea. Any hope that could happen?
Miriam is also taking a cooking class this summer. Her dream of becoming a chef is alive and well! She still pretends she is on the Food Network when we cook together. I don't think she would let me record her, which breaks my heart because it is HILARIOUS!!
Picture Miriam, serious as a heart attack saying something along the lines of:
"You really need to fluff those eggs...don't be afraid to really go crazy with that fork. It will add to the general fluffiness of the meal"
I love it!
I wish I wasn't so tired, I would cook with her more.