Lagoon is a noun but if you've been there, you know its a verb too.
It's the act of making yourself dizzy and light headed seeking that tummy flipping sensation.
It's feeling your heart pound as you run from ride to ride to wait in a line which intensifies the anticipation you already feel because you can hear the screams of others before you.
It's also a day long people watching event. A fashion show of the strange and sometimes inappropriate.
It's the astonishment at being asked to pay $5 for a pop.

This is what being "Lagooned" looks like.
My parents hosted a family Lagoon Day.
Everyone had a blast, the kids haven't stopped talking about it!
Durring the day we all broke up into dare devil level groups, meeting up between rides. We gathered together at the end of the day to do Rattle Snake Rapids as a family.
Mom's Boat
Darin trying valiantly to protect Bub from a soaking.
This is Bub's least favorite ride because, in his words, "YOU GET FREAKING WET!"
Bub was in heaven riding the kiddie rides with his cousins. Miriam braved some big kid rides with her cousin Ali (Tidal Wave, Turn of the Century, Wild Mouse). She has promised if we do the bounce back (return within 10 days for a cheaper rate) she will do roller coasters.
Darin and I had fun riding a few rides, but mostly watched the kids and cousins enjoy themselves. We could have called it a great day just having done that, BUT we left at dinnertime, put the kids to bed with a babysitter, and came back to do the trill rides ourselves!
I wondered if I would even like amusement rides anymore....it's been a loooong time since I have ridden any.
I was relieved to realize I still LOVE THEM! I was wonderfully terrified all over again. It made me feel young and giddy.
THANK YOU MOM AND DAD!!