Summer was a bit of a rude awakening for me this year. It's been kind of a love/hate thing.
First of all, it got HOT way to early (and the fires are awful!!)
Secondly, having one child (no matter which one it is) gone all day makes everything easier.
Third, I miss the natural organization that the school day brings.
I have loved spreading the kid activities throughout the day rather than the general rush from 3-6 in the school year.
I love going on bike rides in the evening, not worrying about getting the kids in bed at a decent time for school. (although they still get up early...no matter what time we get them to bed)
I love having more time for chores/workbooks/practicing. Those things still have to be done first thing, but we don't have to rush as much to get them done. The general slower pace of everything is nice.
So here is our June:
Ice skating lessons for both, iddy biddy ball for Bub, piano and summer ballet for M.
Lessons are kind of a bummer for Soren, he so wants to be involved but has to sit with me and watch, poor kiddo.
A few sprinkler days, splash pad days, a neighborhood art show, playing Indians in the park stream, making fairy homes, lots of Sunday night family bike rides.
We found a football on clearance for Soren....he carries it around a lot.
A trip to Provo so M could sleep over for Anna's birthday party.
The kids and I took a golf cart tour of BYU and then met Cristin and Spencer at the Bean Museum. Miriam went off with Anna to see Brave (which she loved, but did cause some homesickness that night...luckily she was with Cristin so I knew she would be fine), the boys and I went to the Riverwoods....splash pad, ice cream and FREE carousel rides!
Bub spent all this summer earnings thus far on a stupid grow lizard that did not work. I still need to email the company about that because it makes me so mad.
Miriam finally had her 8 year old photo shoot (these are unedited proofs).
Nice to finally have this taken care of, it's been on my to do list for 4 months!
Thanks Tashina!
On to July!



