So much for a week of documentation.
No pictures of today...zilch, didn't even cross my mind to get my phone out!
I guess that is indicative of how our days are as well, sometimes its all I can do to get through them.
6:00 am my alarm goes off, I zombie walk across the hall to wake up Miriam, zombie walk back to bed hoping to fall back asleep. That rarely works for me, once my mind wakes up it starts going it doesn't shut off well. Today I am suppose to do some of my 1/2 marathon training, so that weighs heavy on my mind. I get out of bed at 6:15 and get ready. I am at the track by 6:30 but only ran 7 out of the 12 400 meters on the schedule. Time was running out, and my legs felt like led! Just a hard morning.
I get home at 7:05 and tell Miriam to get on the piano. There is a bit of freakout because she needs to be at orchestra (first day) by 7:45 so she will only have 15 min to finish getting ready. Darin walks out of the bedroom and reassures her he can drop her off on his way to work. That is a huge relief and hopefully that will work every Tuesday since she has her heart set on trying out the cello. Hard to walk/ride bike with a cello.
I make lunches and feed the boys (Miriam has already eaten).
7:40 Darin and Miriam walk out the door.
8:38 I drop off Byron at school. Soren and I run home to get ready for "church workout" which is, as it sounds, a workout at the church that I lead every other week. Today was my turn. I got to use my new phone (thank you Darin!) to play music on the speaker I got for free from DOMO. Feeling very techno-savvy.
9:00-10:00 Church workout. We did Tabatta and EMOTM routines with Soren yelling "G0!" when it was time to move. I love church workout because I am surrounded by great women. Soren use to love church workout but all his friends there started 1st grade this year so it's just him and a 2 year old. Soren isn't enthusiastic about little kids so it's not as fun anymore.
10:00-10:25 Soren and I do his homework on the sidewalk outside the church
10:30 we pick up Sadie and I drive them to kindergarten. Soren asks me to wait with him in line which I do, but I shouldn't, it makes him weepy and clingy.
10:35 I go to FedEX, Costco, and the bank in my workout attire...yes I am one of THOSE gross women who shop all sweaty. I had to choose between being productive or attractive, and I choose productive. This is no judgement on women who get gussied up to go shopping. Hopefully my choice will make them feel EXTRA pretty and fancy. Easy peasy service done for the day.
At home I unload all the groceries pick the meat off the chicken I bought, brown the sausage for dinner, saute the onions...all before showering because I hate smelling like meat and onions....or soup. "Soupy Sails" does anyone know that movie?
Finally I shower.
2:40 I run to Target to finish off my shopping list. I get out in time to pick up the kids at 3:25
I ate Costco samples, and pieces of chicken and sausage for lunch...and a bag of Funions.
4:15 Byron has scouts...we walk down and I realize I misread the text about it. Fire station is NEXT week, this week is cleaning a stream and he needs water shoes. So I walk back home and run his Keens down to him.
4:30 I start the Zupa Tuscana and let Soren watch Vat19.com. By 5:00 I ask him to get off and he FREAKS OUT so I grab his beloved bear blankie and make him lay down on my bed with me while the soup simmers. He is NOT HAPPY but he needs it! We both need it, we zonk out fast, but I wake up at 5:30 when Byron walks in the door.
I reluctantly go get dinner on the table, getting frustrated that the kids keep asking for food, and opening the pantry door. I tell them carrots, or a banana but nothing else. My pet peeve is when people eat WHILE I am preparing dinner!! Seriously, don't touch my shredded cheese! This is when I miss the days when the kids were little and we hung out at the townhouse playground until Darin came home. I keep telling Byron to start his homework, but without me physically putting the pencil in his hand it's not going to happen...and I am in the middle of dinner, so I let it go. Dull headache is coming on, that nap was not long enough.
Finally...Darin walks in the door, I can't say how much of a relief this moment is to me. God bless single mothers. They deserve all the goodness the world has to offer.
6:30 ? We eat dinner, the kids get going on homework.
The boys get showered or bathed (Miriam does this every day on her own so it doesn't affect my day). They smell wonderfully of conditioner, and the kitty breath has been brushed away.
8:15 we all start reading Shakelton's Stoweaway in the boys room while they are tucked into bed. We are nearing the end, the gritty part where madness sets in, and toes are cut off. Its good.
9:00 we hug and kiss the boys, send Miriam off to her room with a hug and kiss. Darin starts immediately reading the book, I jump on the computer...time passes.... about 10:30 I get a text. It's from Darin and it says "I would like to invite you to come get ready for bed". That is a joke because we have had for real fights about him going to bed without telling me he is going to bed. See what he has to deal with?! All kinds of crazy BUT on the flip side we have a really good marriage so my crazy must be helping us do something right. I think his good humor about it all helps...a little.
I guess that is indicative of how our days are as well, sometimes its all I can do to get through them.
6:00 am my alarm goes off, I zombie walk across the hall to wake up Miriam, zombie walk back to bed hoping to fall back asleep. That rarely works for me, once my mind wakes up it starts going it doesn't shut off well. Today I am suppose to do some of my 1/2 marathon training, so that weighs heavy on my mind. I get out of bed at 6:15 and get ready. I am at the track by 6:30 but only ran 7 out of the 12 400 meters on the schedule. Time was running out, and my legs felt like led! Just a hard morning.
I get home at 7:05 and tell Miriam to get on the piano. There is a bit of freakout because she needs to be at orchestra (first day) by 7:45 so she will only have 15 min to finish getting ready. Darin walks out of the bedroom and reassures her he can drop her off on his way to work. That is a huge relief and hopefully that will work every Tuesday since she has her heart set on trying out the cello. Hard to walk/ride bike with a cello.
I make lunches and feed the boys (Miriam has already eaten).
7:40 Darin and Miriam walk out the door.
8:38 I drop off Byron at school. Soren and I run home to get ready for "church workout" which is, as it sounds, a workout at the church that I lead every other week. Today was my turn. I got to use my new phone (thank you Darin!) to play music on the speaker I got for free from DOMO. Feeling very techno-savvy.
9:00-10:00 Church workout. We did Tabatta and EMOTM routines with Soren yelling "G0!" when it was time to move. I love church workout because I am surrounded by great women. Soren use to love church workout but all his friends there started 1st grade this year so it's just him and a 2 year old. Soren isn't enthusiastic about little kids so it's not as fun anymore.
10:00-10:25 Soren and I do his homework on the sidewalk outside the church
10:30 we pick up Sadie and I drive them to kindergarten. Soren asks me to wait with him in line which I do, but I shouldn't, it makes him weepy and clingy.
10:35 I go to FedEX, Costco, and the bank in my workout attire...yes I am one of THOSE gross women who shop all sweaty. I had to choose between being productive or attractive, and I choose productive. This is no judgement on women who get gussied up to go shopping. Hopefully my choice will make them feel EXTRA pretty and fancy. Easy peasy service done for the day.
At home I unload all the groceries pick the meat off the chicken I bought, brown the sausage for dinner, saute the onions...all before showering because I hate smelling like meat and onions....or soup. "Soupy Sails" does anyone know that movie?
Finally I shower.
2:40 I run to Target to finish off my shopping list. I get out in time to pick up the kids at 3:25
I ate Costco samples, and pieces of chicken and sausage for lunch...and a bag of Funions.
4:15 Byron has scouts...we walk down and I realize I misread the text about it. Fire station is NEXT week, this week is cleaning a stream and he needs water shoes. So I walk back home and run his Keens down to him.
4:30 I start the Zupa Tuscana and let Soren watch Vat19.com. By 5:00 I ask him to get off and he FREAKS OUT so I grab his beloved bear blankie and make him lay down on my bed with me while the soup simmers. He is NOT HAPPY but he needs it! We both need it, we zonk out fast, but I wake up at 5:30 when Byron walks in the door.
I reluctantly go get dinner on the table, getting frustrated that the kids keep asking for food, and opening the pantry door. I tell them carrots, or a banana but nothing else. My pet peeve is when people eat WHILE I am preparing dinner!! Seriously, don't touch my shredded cheese! This is when I miss the days when the kids were little and we hung out at the townhouse playground until Darin came home. I keep telling Byron to start his homework, but without me physically putting the pencil in his hand it's not going to happen...and I am in the middle of dinner, so I let it go. Dull headache is coming on, that nap was not long enough.
Finally...Darin walks in the door, I can't say how much of a relief this moment is to me. God bless single mothers. They deserve all the goodness the world has to offer.
6:30 ? We eat dinner, the kids get going on homework.
The boys get showered or bathed (Miriam does this every day on her own so it doesn't affect my day). They smell wonderfully of conditioner, and the kitty breath has been brushed away.
8:15 we all start reading Shakelton's Stoweaway in the boys room while they are tucked into bed. We are nearing the end, the gritty part where madness sets in, and toes are cut off. Its good.
9:00 we hug and kiss the boys, send Miriam off to her room with a hug and kiss. Darin starts immediately reading the book, I jump on the computer...time passes.... about 10:30 I get a text. It's from Darin and it says "I would like to invite you to come get ready for bed". That is a joke because we have had for real fights about him going to bed without telling me he is going to bed. See what he has to deal with?! All kinds of crazy BUT on the flip side we have a really good marriage so my crazy must be helping us do something right. I think his good humor about it all helps...a little.