Friday, September 11, 2015

Just a regular old Thursday FULL OF EAGLE SPIRIT!!


Miriam LOOOOVES being on the Student Council. Those essays, interviews and the skit were worth it, although at the time the stress it caused her made me want to make her quit!
She takes her duties very seriously! 


At this spirit night event they unveiled the new mascot Echo the Eagle!!
(Miriam told me one of the names in the running was DJ Barbecue Sauce, good choice Student Council)


These two aren't Eagles anymore, which I am not going to lie, makes me sad.
I believe...I hope....I think this chinese immersion thing is the right choice but when I see all our neighbors and so many friends hanging out at spirit night together I can't help but miss that. The problem with our new school is that everything is so new.

This green-eyed boy has been doing fantastic with the transition. Taking all the newness in stride, not stressing about understanding zilch during the Chinese part of the day.  He made a new friend and seems happy to go to school every day. Soccer has started up again, Thursdays are practice days


 Surprisingly, this hazel-eyed boy is having a hard transition.   He sometimes has to sit in the "power chair" during class until he has the power to stop crying.  When I ask him what is making him sad he just says "I just sometimes REALLY want to be home with you".  Mom heart breaker right there. He and I have been spending a little more one-on-one time before school starts to read and snuggle. Here's to hoping his little soul gets use to things soon.