Friday, June 24, 2016

Chinese Summer


In an effort to get B caught up with the rest of his Chinese immersion class we have had a big Chinese focus this summer.  We have been doing Chinese at home, using all the youtube and local library resources I can find but, I have been scrambling to find some more intense tutoring for B.

The boys together have a once-a-week camp that is mostly just games.  This camp is for grades k-2 but it seems heavy on the  kindergartner side. Byron is lukewarm about it, but Soren loves it. 

We tried out this neighborhood camp for a week and I LOVE it! We hosted on Thursday and the kids had a blast using water games to reinforce language.  It was a stretch for me to host 5 kids I don't know and a teacher I had never met, but once I got over my hosting fears it was great. It's taught by a native Chinese teacher from our school but she works closely with the moms in the group to brainstorm engaging activities.

Unfortunately I think Byron needs more intensive tutoring more often so we will probably drop this group until next year.



The balloon aftermath.  Luckily we as moms are good about making the kids do the clean-up.


Trying out another camp today at 1:00.
Heres to hoping we find the perfect fit!