Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Hike part 1

I have been helping teach a group fitness/dance/yoga class at the LDS church on Tuesday mornings for over a year now.  It's been so much fun, and a great motivation to get in a sweat on Tuesdays.  The kids love it too, those K and under crowd run around the gym and jump (sometimes fall) off the stage.  The gym is convenient, works well,  but I think all of us crave a little more time in nature. We added another day to our friend workout schedule - Friday Ladies Hike Day!  We've only done one so far (girls camp and other things getting in the way...) but it was a success!  At church workout kids are welcome but on Ladies Hike they are...shall we say "strongly discouraged" unless they can be strapped to someones back.
No whiners allowed!
The idea is that once we know where the hike is...what it is like...we can bring our families back.


So that is what I did on a HOT Sunday evening.  We had hours of sunlight left, and I just couldn't take another minute of being in the house. I really REALLY have a hard time staying indoors for an entire day, I go stir crazy!  It was too hot for a bike ride or outside play, we needed shade and water would be a bonus. So I took the kids on our Friday hike.


 

It's a popular hike, especially since there is this rope swing near the end.  
We totally lucked out because it was just us, and a few teenagers at the swing.  The teenagers were key because they helped me get the kids on the swing. They were cute and kind local kids who said they come all the time so I trusted them. 



Blurry pictures!! I couldn't get my phone to take a decent shot!

The hike back out is all downhill, so a lot quicker and easier for the kids.
The sun was starting to set so we had beautiful dusk views all the way to the car.


I just love it when things work out!