
Miriam is so lucky and she doesn't even realize it!! Miriam has cousins, aunts & grandparents that are always thinking of her and buying and making things she would like. All her books are from grandparents, and 90% of her toys are from my sister Sarah. This blog however, will be dedicated to her fashion benefactresses. The Janes girls and my sister Julia.
I buy all of Miriam's clothes a year before the next season to get the clearance deals. So, for instance, I will buy all her summer clothes for next summer in August and September of this year. So I stick to solid colors, timeless classics, no frills, no edgy styles. I also deal heavily in hand-me-downs from sisters, and neighbors. Lucky Miriam has a very fashion conscience aunt and hip cousins. One of her cousins also happens to work for Old Navy. Because of their kindness Miriam has madras shorts, embroidered jeans, peasant blouses, flouncy skirts, T-shirts with cute sayings, and very cute impractical shoes. The pictures are of Miriam in her brand new outfit from the Janes' and one of her cousins. So cute! So nice of them! Miriam loves the shoes!! So does everyone else, a little boy tried to steal them at the park the other day. Thank you Janes girls and Julia!
Miriam is also going through this crazy smile phase. She wouldn't smile for the camera her whole first year and now at two, she smiles so unnatural. Silly girl.