Tuesday, June 27, 2006







Sarah and I took the kids to the "watering hole" this weekend. That's not what it's called but its what Miriam and I call it. It's a series of concrete lined streams that meander down to a little pond in a local park. The park fills the pond with plastic balls that can float down the stream, under little bridges into the pond. It's genius! The kids could have played there all afternoon. The only problem is that since its free it can get really crowded. When we went two different women were having these very loud obnoxious cell phone conversations. I swear they wanted to draw attention to themselves...dropping the "F" and other bombs every other sentence. Normally, I wouldn't hesitate to say something, but they were so enjoying their phone fighting I believe they would have loved to get in it with a perfect stranger. I just led Miriam as far away from them as possible. I tried to be obvious about it. I just can't stand it when people swear and smoke around kids. Actually I can't stand it when people swear and smoke around me. Gone are the days when you could send your kids to the park. Maybe those days have been gone in big cities for some time now, but I grew up in a small town where we would ride our bikes all overr town. It's sad, and very depressing that I will need to accompany my kids to the park until they are like 14 and even then give them a cell phone to call every hour.

It was a fun day even with the little annoyances. Miriam adores her cousins. She cried herself to sleep when they left. We tried to console her by telling her we will see them at the cabin this weekend. Every morning this week she has said to me "we are going to the cabin with our cousins to eat marshmallows".

I need to remember to use a flash in bright lights to combat shadows. These pictures are not as cute as they should be. I love our camera when someone else is taking pictures, but all the buttons and dial intimidate me.