Sunday, July 30, 2006

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn and other good reads.




Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of you out there who suggested this book(Cristin, Lara, I can't remember who else). I loved it. It's been on my blog as a current read for a month but I finished it in a week, I just haven't updated. I returned it to the library so unfortunately I can't quote any great lines. I always love getting a view of the world from a child, it changes everything. Alcoholic unstable fathers become music making heroes. Aunts who are "easy" or "tramps" become champions with tender hearts. It gives a whole new spin on the world. I can see why we are suppose to become like little children. Now I am reading To Kill A Mocking Bird because Kristi, and Jessica (Stull) loved it so much. So far I do too.

We are currently getting ready to paint our house THE WHOLE house, so I have lots of audio book time. We have to wash all the walls, sand them, tack cloth them before we do the texturizing, priming, and finally painting (Darin has been fixing nail pops, and spackling). My parents are coming up this weekend to help...thank heavens for parents! Anyway back to my audio books, I have listened to The Second Summer of the Sisterhood, Princess Diaries -Princess Party and am currently listening to Bridge to Terrabithia (back to my Newberry Award goal). I LOVE the Sisterhood books. I think I like them more than the Princess Diaries. I do have to warn mothers out there that they should read them before getting them for daughters. Intimacy comes up in both series, so it might not be a good book until there is a certain maturity and understanding there.