Monday, October 08, 2007

Saying Yes

" I tried hard never to say "no" if I could possibly say "yes." I think that worked well because it gave my children the feeling that I trusted them and they were responsible to do the best they could."
-Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Pictures of me saying "yes".
Sometimes Miriam looks darling, but most of the time she looks crazy, wild, or even homeless. I NEED to document the fact that I say yes to her desire to dress herself. I just need make myself feel better when I see little girls in completely coordinated outfits. I would love to dress Miriam up like a little doll everyday. I remember wanting to do the same to my little sister Julia when she was a tot. She resisted me as well.


Here is me saying yes to Miriam making a huge mess with her toys. It's her house and her chalk, how can I say no....she isn't writing on MY walls. So yes our backyard is full of chalk our fridge, oven and dishwasher have "artwork" taped up all over. It looks chaotic, and I don't love it but I love how proud she is of herself.

This picture is for my lurker friend. Don't our kids look cute playing together??