Taking a nap two days in a row, at my in-laws peaceful home.
Bub and Darin's early birthday celebration.
I want to remember that Bub loved the tilapia and veggies we had for dinner and then downed his chocolate cake. When I was making the bed I heard him crawling to the side and pull himself up. I jumped on the bed, peeked over and startled him. We both laughed. I pulled him on the bed, we continued to laugh and giggle for a good 5 min.
I want to remember how enthusiastic Miriam was about the gifts and cake, how she kept the party in motion. After eating cake she announced "I have an announcement to make! I am going to tell you all a fairy story." She went on to recite almost verbatim the introduction that is at the beginning of the Disney fairy stories, which if you know is almost 2 pages! Darin and I looked at each other in amazement. We had no idea.
This was a good mother's day. I felt much less guilt than in years past. The guilt I did feel was over how much chocolate I ate, and that's a daily thing, not necessarily connected to my unbelievable high standards of motherhood.
I want to remember how enthusiastic Miriam was about the gifts and cake, how she kept the party in motion. After eating cake she announced "I have an announcement to make! I am going to tell you all a fairy story." She went on to recite almost verbatim the introduction that is at the beginning of the Disney fairy stories, which if you know is almost 2 pages! Darin and I looked at each other in amazement. We had no idea.
This was a good mother's day. I felt much less guilt than in years past. The guilt I did feel was over how much chocolate I ate, and that's a daily thing, not necessarily connected to my unbelievable high standards of motherhood.