Sunday, February 22, 2009

Poster by Douglas Wilson


We finally, finally, FINALLY had our family Valentines Dinner tonight. After days and days of feeling run over by a semi I felt up to cooking real food. We can now take down the Valentines decor just in time for Mardi Gras.

Menu: Mango Italian cream soda (homemade), Moqueca de Peixe (our new favorite), of course rice and then a veggie. After the cream sodas we kept it simple for dessert, a brownie bite with whipped cream and a cherry on top.

I requested my valentines gift this year. As I was driving away to visit my family on Feb 13 I called Darin at work to ask him if he would make me a LOVE playlist while we were apart over the weekend. My only request was that it contained songs that reminded him of me, or us. I didn't realize it at the time, but it was a perfect way to make Darin miss me over Valentines Day...I am an evil genius without even trying!

The playlist is perfect. It's a little bit me, a little bit him and a little bit us. A little Jack Johnson, a little Led Zeppelin, Beruit, Tom Petty....I love it.