Saturday, February 28, 2009

"Saturday is a Special Day......

.....it's the day we get ready for Sunday!"

Darin and I are both preparing lessons for early am church tomorrow. My lesson on "don't be rude to your parents" is basically finished but D is still working on his lesson for the men....hence the late Saturday night blogging.
My lesson is actually entitled Growing and Maturing in Self-reliance. Because I love my Beehives so much, I am including in the lesson a picture of me at 12....the height of my awkwardness. Just to give hope. And let them know they aren't finished.

Today, I got my hair cut and my eyebrows waxed. Darin prefers bushy eyebrows over the sleek arch. When I showed him the awkward 12 year old picture I was using in my lesson all he said was "I liked your eyebrows better then".

I waited 30 min in line to redeem a free automatic car wash.
It was so worth it. I forget how thrilling it is to move along under those rollers.
I wish I had brought the kids, but that can be a $6 adventure for another time.


I went out pre-dusk with the kiddos to enjoy the sunshine. I was waiting for the perfect lighting to get some fine shots of this handsome devil but my camera died after these two pictures.


After going through my old pictures to find the aforementioned awkward photo we discovered that Bub does indeed resemble MY baby pictures. People are constantly saying he looks like his daddy (everyone except Darin and my Mother-in-law) but there is "something very Rasmussen about him" as Darin says.