I have been assuming everyone knows about our news.
People must not talk about me as much as I think they talk about me because I keep running into people (close to me people) who haven't heard.
We are expecting #3
the end of April
All of us...including Bub are excited, but Miriam is the best. She keeps track of how big the baby is and will call it by it's size description like so -
(M with her mouth to my belly) "hello there large mango! We can't wait to see you!"
We took the kids to the zoo last month to tell them the news. We sighed and laughed at the new baby elephant, monkey, tiger, and giraffe and then, while picnicking, told them we were getting our own new baby.
I thought that was pretty clever of us, and the kids got their zoo pass renewed so it was a good deal for them too.
I tried to tell Darin in a cute way but it backfired.
We both suspected I was pregnant (because I was so stinkin' sick) but I told him I couldn't take the pregnancy test for another week or the results weren't guaranteed. Really, I took the test on my own and sent it to his work in a box filled with candy and a love note.
Days went by and he didn't mention my package. Two days, three days...then I got nervous, his work is 10 miles away it couldn't take 4 days.
Our conversation over the phone:
Me: "Honey if a package sent to your work is addressed to you, you would be the only one to open it right?
Him: "What did you send to my work?" (he was nervous because a friend once suggested I send lingerie to Darin's work for our anniversary, wondering how he would feel about that I ran the idea past him . He said in no uncertain terms NEVER to do that.)
Me: "Oh nothing...I just was wondering...like no one else would open a package addressed to someone else would they? That's a federal offense even at work right?"
Him : "Tell me what you did"
After some hem hawing I reply: "Well, the good news is we are having a baby, the bad news is that the pregnancy test could be lost somewhere at your work, and you HAVE to find it or I will die of embarrassment!!"
Him (teasing me and laughing at me): "Elisa, you can't send bio-hazard materials through the mail!"
He finally found the package...the problem is that his work was moving locations that week and it had been sent to the new building while he was still working at the old one.
Not exactly the effect I was looking for.
Ready for not, here comes #3!