Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Pleasantly surprised

I bought the smallest package available for school pictures. Miriam has a lovely smile, however if you pose her and ask her to smile what she does looks nothing like her natural smile. She usually looks pensive.
It was a gamble and the odds were not in my favor.


I was very pleasantly surprised to get these back! Although it's still not Miriam's natural smile, it's close enough, and her cute dimple is showing. Plus, unlike family pictures, she got to pick out whatever she wanted to wear so there's a bit of self expression there. I love that school pictures never change (except the early nineties when we could choose the background...remember that? The lazer, the meadow, the mod shapes. That was a huge mistake.) I love that Miriam will have a set of slightly awkward posed pictures as primary school documentation...just like I do. Just like everyone does.

M and I went to the preview showing of a local theater's Scrooge tonight. They had the best Ebenezer and the cutest Tiny Tim ever! I am getting into that holiday mood.

Bring on the Turkey!
No that s not right, bring on the rolls and side dishes, who cares about turkey.