It's great to have cool older cousins. I would know, I had Kristi to hero worship when I was little.
Miriam has Alicia.
Miriam has Alicia.
She actually has lots of cool older cousins (Cara, Emily, Danielle, Madeline, Madison) but Alicia now lives close to us, and also happens to love all things girlie. Alicia is a girl after my own heart, she will never grow out of things like....oh I don't know....say DISNEY PRINCESSES ON ICE.
She took Miriam to see it last Friday and Miriam was over the moon about it!
Bub was disgruntled about it. We took him to the Planetarium to make it up to him.
We had kind of a Holiday kick-off weekend, with the P's on Ice and then Miriam's first choir concert. I am constantly fighting tears when this girl performs. I can't put my finger on what emotion I am feeling exactly...am I nervous? proud? pregnant? Whatever it is, it makes her performances less enjoyable having to clench my teeth and keep my face screwed up tight to keep the water works at bay.
and then there is Bub....this boy is something else.He insisted on carting the remote around all day, trying to fast forward and pause us.
To my complete bafflement, he loves super heroes. I wouldn't be as surprised if he had ever seen a superhero movie, or action figure...but he hasn't. Seriously, this guy only watches Caillou, Kipper, Blues Clues and Pingu.
He woke up on Halloween morning pleading "Spied-man, peas peas peas, mommy spied-man"
He went as a wolf (because I am the boss of the apple sauce)
but he ran around all evening with one fist in the air saying "supa-man!"
Both our kids have come to us with such strong personalities, it's been fun to sit back and watch them emerge. They are not me, they are not Darin....they are themselves, with a sprinkle of our influence.
