Monday, April 26, 2010

For those waiting for news...


We are waiting too.
Disappointed? Well, at least you can tie your own shoes!

Four days over due today, and the baby wasn't looking ready to come so we decided to wait a bit longer. It's not easy to be patient, but really I have to admit these last 4 days have been very mellow in a good way. We have made no plans, started no projects, are taking things day by day and have found it's an extremely peaceful way to live.

I think I am at the surrendering stage. I can't make this baby drop, I can't bring on contractions. I just monitor movement, and wait. I will be given a stress test on Thursday (7th day overdue) if the baby doesn't come before, and then we will make our next move.

(Yes, I am walking....yes we have tried just about everything the internet has to offer to induce labor, the things we haven't tried we don't want to try)


Our mellow Saturday was spent at the zoo. I think 70% of the women there were pregnant.

We saw the rhinos Princess and George try to do some bowling. Princess was being a baby, but George got a pin down.


Then M and I went to Costco, and Jamba Juice, and I cleaned the kitchen and did laundry.
(See? I am being very active...not a slug just waiting and napping although I did take a nap, it was glorious!)

My husband, Mr. Macgyver, helped the neighbors with a minor plumbing emergency. He went to his cub scout meeting, then he rigged up our broken garbage disposal so I can run the dishwasher while we wait for the replacement to arrive. He's so great. He is the one who has been amazingly patient through the last 4 days. Living up to his childhood nickname "mellow fellow".

So we wait...and keep walking.