So I got Lasik, but I had to have the PRK kind which means 4 days of painful eyes and bad eyesight.
While we were driving home from the procedure it started snowing and kept on snowing on and off for the next 4 days. School was canceled for Miriam so we all hunkered down for the weekend. Darin took the kids on a snowshoeing and then sledding adventure.
Knowing they were having fun and making great memories made it a wonderful weekend, even though I was terribly uncomfortable for most of it.
These are typical weekday morning scenes....
breakfast-faced boys making up some game or another while I get Miriam and Darin off for the day.
I shouldn't post this picture because she isn't always this mopey about piano, but enough that it got caught on film.
In her defense, she happily gets the boys breakfast and unloads the dishwasher most mornings.
Ice skating with Bub and Mir-cat.
The three of us love to ice skate. I told the kids if they don't fall they aren't trying hard enough so they both took a couple of tumbles. In December I took the kids to a trampoline park. On a whim, I paid to jump myself (the only adult jumping, the only woman without skinny jeans and high heeled boots on as well). It was soooo fun! Doing activities like that are the rare moments when I feel actual joy and gratitude for my body. You will never catch me wearing skinny jeans, but I am a FAST ice skater, and can still do a flip into the foam pit.