The day of Love is here!
If all goes well there will be a candlelight dinner of spicy shrimp, rice and asparagus. We will do some Valentine mad-libs (wish you were here Mark!), and then make heart shaped rice krispy valentines to "kick" to a few neighbors.
Until then I still have a 3rd grade valentine party to get through, and some babysitting swaps need to happen, cookie decorating supplies need to be arranged, it's my carpool day for school and dance, so I am not making any promises.
Our family secret valentine project has been going well. Everyone has received sweet gifts and little notes. I was even surprised this year, which is rare indeed because I know who I have, who Soren has and who Byron has....I can usually figure out the rest. Miriam had left me chocolate so I thought she had me, but there were flowers in the fridge this morning from Darin. I am always amazed when someone pulls a fast one over on me! Miriam had a plan, she gave a treat to everyone to throw her valentine off-track. Byron had his Ninja Valentine party earlier this week, after going through the candy bag he set aside the candy he knew Soren and Miriam would like and gave it to them.
They really are sweet kids.
They really do love each other.
Bub gave out mini-chalk boards, a piece of chalk, and a sucker to his valentines.
I couldn't think of a cute saying having to do with chalk or chalk boards, we just drew a chalk heart on the lids.
Miriam did the mini-fish bowl thing with candy rocks and gummie-fish.
"I'm hooked on you valentine"
We made our sugar cookies on Sunday
(also pictured is Miriam's Valentine box)
None of us are big on frosting so I love this alphabet cookie set Cristin gave to Miriam last year.
Wish me luck on the rest of the day!


