Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Miriam's Birthday Part 2


Before I get into the actual birthday day I had to show the treat Miriam and her friend Mary made for her "star student" day. Idea was from family fun, although because of allergies we couldn't do the almond ears.  


We had to have Anna back to her house by 9:00 on Saturday so I knew I wouldn't be able to make an elaborate birthday breakfast.  I left bagels and nutella on the table with a note that said "berries in the fridge" for the early risers.  By the time Darin and I were dressed and ready the kids had eaten, gotten dressed and were playing.
Miraculously, we did make it to Provo by 9. 

Then we kept going south (and east) to Price for the weekend.
Mom and Dad took us out for lunch at the Greek Streak (my local fav), and then took Miriam out on her very own birthday shopping trip.  This is a special event because we rarely get to have Grandma and Grandpa all to ourselves!


Aunt Gwen brought down her chocolate dipping supplies for a candy making party but, they were running a bit late so my mom got things going by making suckers.

Then we dipped!


Pretzels, rice krispy treats, and then used chocolate molds to make valentine chocolates.



The kids were in sugar heaven.  We set some aside for Grandpa Y, and Uncle Mark and then sent each kid with a bag full.  There was so much tasting going on we decided to save Miriam's cinnamon roll cake for Sunday and just open gifts.

Sunday my dad spoke in Stake Conference, and I have to say he did a great job.  I suggest all speakers bring a Tickle-Me-Elmo along as a prop....the toddlers in the crowd were mesmerized!  Seriously though, he did a wonderful job, I am glad we made it down to hear him. We got one last lunch with the family (delicious soup dinner made by my mom) and then came home!

And that's it...she is officially 9 and will have to wait almost an entire year for another big gift holiday to roll around.  Queue holiday let down....at least Valentines is just around the corner!