Friday, February 08, 2013

Miriam's 9th Birthday Part 1


Tatum gave Miriam a spa party kit for Christmas.  This was a perfect gift for Miriam and made an easy peasy birthday party for me to plan.  The kit included invitations, little containers and recipes to make lip balm, sugar scrubs, glitter gel, and bath bombs.  

I just bought cute soda, chopped up some veggies, popped some popcorn and put on Mindy Gledhill.

Oh, and we picked up Anna for a cousin sleep-over to make the party extra special.




Miriam asked for a Filipino Bibingka cake for her birthday.  After doing her Christmas report on the Philippines the girl loves all things Filipino.  I tried to make a coconut whipped cream, which was more like a coconut sauce and didn't really tempt anyone.  Luckily, I had individual cups of Haagen-Dazs mango sorbet so no one felt the lack.


It was a spa, Filipino, Hugo Cabret (movie), giggle fest kind of birthday party.