
Darin and I saw bits and pieces of this TV program about attraction between men and women. These social scientists did a study on people being attracted to others who look similar to themselves. It was really interesting. They did this big speed dating test where, using a computer, they matched the attendees with the member of the opposite sex whose features resembled theirs. Of course the daters didn't know this, and then they were asked to rank each male or female they met using this dial under the table. It was amazing how accurate the scientist turned out to be! Oh! I forgot to mention that the daters were not allowed to speak to each other so it was all on appearances. They did the test again, allowing the daters to speak and the results did change some depending on what careers were, who knew how to flirt etc. However, the results still indicated that people are attracted to.... well I guess themselves, in many cases. Ever since, Darin and I have been looking at couples to decide if they look similar or not. It's become a game, we also do it with pet owners because the same seems to hold true. The most interesting thing to me is that I don't think Darin and I look anything alike, besides being very pale and not tanning easily. Darin is average height and very slender, very long legs, I am short and have, what I refer to as a bedonkadonk behind or a J-Lo build (heavier than J with shorter legs). I have a very large mouth with large teeth, Darin has a small mouth, I have a smallish nose, Darin has a large one. It goes on and on, but I am wondering if we just can't see how alike we look. Maybe we do look alike and are just in denial? Just some random thoughts I have been having lately.