Sunday, July 30, 2006

Miriam as Dorothy

Here is a sampling of the pictures Darin took a few weeks ago. My husband is amazing. He sees something he is interested in learning, he does some research, and TA DA he can do it. He just loves to learn, and he wants to learn so much he usually does something a few times and moves on to another hobby. This creates a lot of "hobby stuff" at our house, but when it gets frustrating (and expensive) I try to remember that this love of learning, and curiosity of life is something I love the most about him. It's something I hope he passes on to our children. They won't get it from me, although I am trying in be progressive (blogging). I am more of a content settled person. Learning new things can intimidate me.
One of Darin's old/new hobbies is photography. He took a photography class in high school, but when things went digital he became interested again (he loves technology). My mom asked me to have some new pictures of Miriam for Mark's farewell so we rushed to the woods to take some pictures. It was perfect timing because Miriam's devotion is splitting between Dorothy and, Angelina Ballerina. Sometimes Angelina comes grocery shopping with us instead of Dorothy, and (gasp) Miriam called one of her dolls Angelina the other day. I hope Dorothy is not completely replaced but I am glad we documented this part of her childhood in pictures just in case.

This is my favorite picture, Darin softened it using Gimp (an open source program, similar to Adobe Photoshop). I think now that this dress looks more like Alice in Wonderland than Dorothy, especially since Miriam has blond hair but it will have to do. The shoes are the most important part anyway:) Did I mention I love and admire my husband???