
It's my mother-in-law and my sister-in law's birthdays, so even though we've had a busy day sending Mark off to Brazil I had to get a post in.
I think everyone who knows my mother-in-law would agree with me that she deserves high praise. The best word I can think of to describe her would be gracious. She is always thinking of others and by "others" I mean every person she sees walking down the street. She spends countless hours sending cards, or making phone calls, and praying for others. She is the kind of person who makes lifelong friends and connections with people. She is very considerate of others feelings and is careful about what she says or talks about. That being said, she will reach way out of her comfort zone to express kindness or praise. I feel very blessed to have a wonderful husband that came with a wonderful family. When we were engaged, all I could see were the similarities between our families. After getting married it seemed our families were worlds apart. I have since come to the conclusion, that our families are the same in all the important ways, and different enough to give my new little family variety. Happy Birthday Mom!Along with a great mother-in-law came wonderful siblings-in-law! I have known Nonnie the longest of all Darin's siblings because she was still at home when we started dating (in HIGH SCHOOL..if you can believe that). Nonnie was always so kind to me. She has a good sense of humor, and is someone you could have lots of inside jokes with. She is very artistic, she loves to dance and sing and enjoys the theatre. Nonnie has been such an inspiration to us all as she is just completing her second Masters Degree in Education while working as a full time teacher. Aunt Nonnie knows tons of cute songs and silly sayings for the little ones.
I hope this has been a happy day for the birthday girls. I can't help but think of my little brother as well. His plane from New York should be leaving soon, after a FOUR HOUR layover. I hope he met up with a bunch of other missionaries and they are becoming great friends. Okay...I need to stop because the tears are starting all over again. More about Mark and his goodbye party to come.....
