Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy Birthday Dad!




I have always loved hearing about how the night my Dad was born, my Aunt Ruth thought the fireworks were in celebration of her new baby brother. He is someone who deserves a celebration. My Dad makes everyone feel accepted, welcome, and comfortable in his presence. He is no respecter of persons...he is as kind if not kinder to the downtrodden than the "bold and the beautiful". He likes to read the encyclopedia FOR FUN so he always has interesting things to talk about. One thing I absolutely love about my Dad is that he encourages adventure. When we are on vacation and we would see some crazy arcade game, or roller coaster ride, or wanted to try boogie boarding, he would say "yeah lets do it" even if it cost an extra $20 per person. He gave us the opportunity to water and snow ski, snowmobile, and ride four wheelers. I am a fearful, hesitant person by nature and these experiences helped open me up to possibilities later in life. My Dad made me brave.

My Dad is always giving service. He has shown through example how to treat others. His heart is huge which may be why he seems to have a strong connection with the Heavens. All I know is that when he prays for snow, it always comes and when I am feeling a little less than my best, he usually calls.

Happy Birthday Dad...we all love you so much!!