Wednesday, January 17, 2007

100 Things you never asked to know about me

#1 My name Elisa, (long E sound and then Lisa together) comes from my Dad's mission to Denmark, but the only Elisas I know are Mexican and Italian.

#2 I have a nightly nose cleaning ritual because I HATE when my nose whistles as I breath.

#3 The baby boy I am carrying has a 50% chance of being color blind.

#4 I am a VERY light sleeper (see #2).

#5 I served a mission to Boston Massachusetts

#6 My mission president was Dale Murphy, I had no idea who he was until my call (Major League baseball player).
#7 I graduated from Dixie College, The College of Eastern Utah, and the University of Utah, I should have a masters from all that time but my highest degree is a Bachelors.#8 I have three unrelated degrees, Travel and Tourism/Marketing from Dixie, just plain Associate of Arts from CEU and Bachelors degree in Exercise and Sport Science from the U.

#9 I seem confident on the outside, but am very hesitant and insecure on the inside.

#10 I have been para sailing, river rafting, and ridden few a zip lines. I think I missed my bungee chord window, I am not as adventurous these days.

#11 I have had a passport for 10 years (I think it expires this year) and have never been outside the country (except for Mexico).

#12 I have the habit of spreading myself too thin and as a result, don't feel I give my best to anything.

#13 I was on the tennis and swim teams in high school.

#14 I don't like to play games where people chase me, try to grab or take things from me, or depend on me too much. (notice I played sports where people were separated from me by some kind of barrier.)

#15 I was a "Makeup counter girl" for Elizabeth Arden during college.

#16 I over explain myself (as shown by this list...I can't make a statement and let it go).

#17 I prefer games of chance over games of strategy or skill ie. spoons as opposed to chess.

#18 I giggle and laugh in stressful situations (drives Darin nuts).

#19 I have been the pedestrian in an auto/pedestrian accident.

#20 The first time I met my husband I went home and told my mom "The cutest boy from New Hampshire just moved here". He vaguely remembers I was the girl wearing a red shirt.

#21 I was a Homecoming queen.

#22 I am BAD at math.

#23 I am GREAT at reading comprehension, unless it involves math.

#24 My two favorite classes in college were genetics and anatomy.

#25 I have ridden in a wolf helicopter, driven a tank and an army hummer.

#26 I twist my hair around my finger and brush it across my upper lip. I have tried to stop many times.

#27 I have a face I make when I look in the mirror (squinty eyed pursed lips), I know people don't believe me but I can not help it. Ask Darin, I have to really concentrate to stop it from happening. I have received so much harassment over it from sisters, roommates, companions and now Darin I would stop if I could.

#28 I LOVE hot chocolate.

#29 I have shot an M-16.

#30 I don't want any pets ever.

#31 I will allow a pet if my child needed it for emotional reasons.

#32 I am emotional.

#33 I am not good at confrontations (see above) and use avoidance rather than deal with unpleasantnesses. Bad habit.

#34 I love learning about healthy living.

#35 I love Dr. Andrew Weil, if I were to become a Dr. I would study osteopathic medicine under him (provided I could ever get accepted).
#36 I also love junk food and pop.

#37 I avoid Walmart and fast food if possible.

#38 I try to eat and buy from locally owned restaurants and stores.

#39 I worked nights and/or early mornings at a gas station.

#40 My main duty in that job was to stock beer.

#41 I am terrified of being accused of something I didn't do.

#42 I love J.Crew and Ann Taylor clothing but I have a Jo-Lo/BabyPhat body.

#43 I think I have a great clavicle.

#44 I haven't come to terms with my short muscular legs and thick calves.

#45 I have an overactive imagination.

#46 On a date while watching a scary movie, I became convinced that said date was going to kill me...that kind of overactive imagination.

#47 I love trying new foods, and learning about different cultures and religions.

#48 I was in student government all 3 years of high school and 2 years of Dixie college.

#49 I only listen to world news on the Classical 89 radio station because they broadcast the BBC and the British accent makes it seem less intense.

#50 I have never really been into classical music but I am currently in love with Classical 89.

#51 I have driven up an off ramp.

#52 I love pearls.

#53 I love being surrounded by moutains. They display the changing seasons so well. While in Mass I always felt semi lost without my majestic landmarks.

#54 I love seafood

#55 I don't really like to eat mammals. A little hamburger or roast once in awhile but thats it for me.

#56 Exceptions to above rule, Craig's ribs, and Gyros.

#57 I love to find good bargains.

#58 I don't like to HAVE to look for bargains.

#59 I love maps, globes, and atlases.

#60 I was in New York during the Blackout of 2002.

#61 I am obsessive about my daughter, I am hoping having a second baby will bring more balance into my life.

#62 My greatest fear is that Darin or one of my children will die.

#63 I have eaten pigs blood (I was told it was "chocolate sauce.")

#64 Darin and I made (designed, created in wax, and then cast in gold) each others wedding rings. Darin's idea, not mine I never would have thought of it, let alone thought I could do it.

#65 Darin is my best male friend, my mom is my best female friend.

#66 My sisters and I go in and out of friendship phases becoming closer or more distant, but at the end of the day I would do anything for them.

#67 I love to read, but when I am reading a good book I put everything on hold until I finish it, so I can't always be reading a good book or nothing else would get done.

#68 I am a yellow personality - motivated by fun and pleasure

#69 I listen to books on CD while I clean, it's the only way I can get through it.

#70 I collect charms when I travel.

#71 I have been to the following concerts: The Cure, Creedence Clearwater, Peter Brienholt/Ryan Shupe, and Everclear (it was free).

#72 I love pictures, I take a ton, and look at them over and over and over, never get tired of it.

#73 I like demolition derbies.

#74 I have kissed an almost stranger on a cruise (before I was married) just for a Love Boat experience. I was disappointed.

#75 I won $25 the first time I put $0.25 in a slot machine.

#76 I was engaged once before Darin, and I get physically ill when I think of the mistake I almost made.

#77 This list has taken me 3 days so far.

#78 I went to DEX Nationals in college.

#79 I was the Dixie College Marketing Student of the Year.

#80 I like to make jewelry, but don't do it often.

#81 Darin and I sleep on a full size mattress that is at least as old as we are.

#82 While in labor with my first child, my water broke all over my husbands shoes.

#83 I love black boots with a modest heel, and slightly tapered toe.

#84 I love penny loafers, black & shiny

#85 I want to visit Iceland, Denmark, Greece, and the Philippines.

#89 I go somewhere with my daughter every single day (storytime, Joy School, playgroup, the mall, etc) I can't stay home, I would go insane.

#90 I was proposed to while on my mission, by a 50 year old man who offered me "security".

#91 I love Sonic ice and buy it by the bag.

#92 I want to move away from Utah at some point, but I get sad when I think of my whole family being here without me.

#93 I am a small town girl.

#94 I love sledding, snowmobiling, and I love to ski when someone else is paying for the ticket.

#95 My faith is such a part of me, my history and my heritage I just can't imagine where or who I would be without it.

#96 I voice my opinion too much and too often. I don't think enough before I speak.

#97 I don't often get offended at others opinions because I assume that like me, they are just expressing current thoughts and views. It might change, and it doesn't affect me.

#98 I don't mind when people misspell things, make grammar mistakes, or mispronounce anything. It's the least I can do since I do all three on a regular basis. In fact, I rarely even notice.

#99 I LOVE weddings. I still read wedding magazines, and think of wedding ideas. When my dad was bishop (I believe I was like 7-13 yrs old) I went to all the ward receptions with him that I could, my mom preferred to stay home.

#100 I have the ability to make myself happy which I feel is my greatest blessing. I loved high school, I loved college, I loved my mission, I loved being a dirt poor newlywed, and I love being a young mother. None of these times in my life were perfect, or even what I had imagined or dreamed of, but I can find happiness in the little things.