We FINALLY had our ultrasound today and there was no doubt about it. We are having a boy. My poor son, I hope he doesn't have issues from me posting his boy parts on my blog, but this shot is just too funny. This was the first shot the technician got of our little guy. In fact this is what came up when she placed the ultrasound thingy on my belly. She started laughing, and then of course we were all laughing. Miriam laughed along with us, but was neither here nor there with the news. When asked what she would call him she responded "The ferocious beast" so I guess thats it.Darin and I both thought it might be a boy. Me because this pregnancy was so different; heartburn, digestion problems, gas. I figured these unladylike problems had to be coming from a male. Darin was suspicious because in the beginning, before all food made me sick, I was eating Costco hotdogs, and meatballs like they were going out of style. I craved them all the time, and now I can't even pass the Costco food court without feeling nauseous. I am not a meat-eater by nature so this was very uncharacteristic behavior for me. I am embarrassed to admit how many times Miriam and I ate lunch at Costco.
This picture is for Darin's family. Darin believes he may have the "Gee nose". It sure looks prominent. I don't mind at all, I hope he looks just like his daddy.We are very excited, but would have been if it had been a girl too. It just seems so much more real now, especially for Darin since he doesn't feel the movements all day. It's fun to know who is coming to our home:)
On another note
Happy Birthday Kristi! I have looked up to Kristi from the moment I understood what a cousin was. I wore Esprit clothes, had a swatch watch, listened to Duran Duran, watched Pretty in Pink, and Some Kind of Wonderful (in the 6th grade) all because I believed she was the coolest person on this planet. One summer, I believe I was 6 or 7, Kristi's family came to visit but she couldn't come. I think it was because of girls camp. I was heartbroken when I found out, but she had her mom give me a letter written just for me, with stickers and a picture in it. I was elated, it was a highlight of my whole summer. Isn't that such a cool thing for a 12 (maybe 13, 14??) year old to do for a little cousin? Thats just how Kristi is, and I continue to believe she is one of the coolest people on this planet. I admire you so much Kristi. Thanks for letting me tag along all those years.