Today wasn't great, I feel bad about that since it is Sunday, and was Stake Conference, but even hearing Elder Oaks speak, and he is hilarious by the way, couldn't help me today.
It's funny, if you look at the following pictures, it would seem like we had a wonderful day, you wouldn't know that I was frustrated with Darin, that Byron cried and whined relentlessly, and that Miriam was sent to bed without stories and cried herself to sleep.
I feel guilty about all of it.
We did do some fun things in between the frustrations and here they are:
It's funny, if you look at the following pictures, it would seem like we had a wonderful day, you wouldn't know that I was frustrated with Darin, that Byron cried and whined relentlessly, and that Miriam was sent to bed without stories and cried herself to sleep.
I feel guilty about all of it.
We did do some fun things in between the frustrations and here they are:
Last week we found this book at the library. I wasn't going to get it because, lets be honest, no matter how charming it is, I am not going to make black bird pie. Then, I noticed the recipe for Custard Pie which is Darin's favorite and is so hard to find. Miriam and I made plans to surprise him with a treat.
The book has all the darling illustrations from the series with excerpts from the books when they mention foods they eat or make.