Divine Nature
Be partakers of the divine nature....Giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue;and to virtue knowledge;And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity
(2 Peter 1:4-7)
I have inherited divine qualities, which I will strive to develop
Be partakers of the divine nature....Giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue;and to virtue knowledge;And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity
(2 Peter 1:4-7)
I have inherited divine qualities, which I will strive to develop
I am a conflicted woman. I have inherited both divine qualities and some not so divine qualities. I have this prideful, overbearing nature that is in conflict with my peaceful "happiness maker" nature. Swinging in between, is me. I have been raised to have an opinion on things, which is good. I have been raised in a time where everyone, especially women, are encouraged to express that opinion, which is also good. The bad part comes when I feel the need to express these opinions in a prideful or forceful way. The scriptures in 2 Peter, Alma 7, and D&C 121 all talk about being patient, humble, kind, temperate, and virtuous always....ALWAYS. Even when you disagree with someone, even when provoked, even when you are tired or sad.
I can hold my own in an argument, I talk loud and fast and think of sarcastic "zingers" to get my point across, but when this happens I inevitably feel sad and regretful later. It's not in my true nature to act this way, even though I have this HUGE impulse to jump in and fight. I am an emotional, spirited person, which I feel is a blessing, but I can't let those emotions override the empathetic, caring person I also am. No one listens to opinions when they are flung about in anger anyway....at least I don't. The only way ideas can really be shared is with kindness, patience, temperance, humbleness and virtue. So....I will continue striving to develop those divine qualities which I have inherited, and keep my feistiness for things that really matter!
I can hold my own in an argument, I talk loud and fast and think of sarcastic "zingers" to get my point across, but when this happens I inevitably feel sad and regretful later. It's not in my true nature to act this way, even though I have this HUGE impulse to jump in and fight. I am an emotional, spirited person, which I feel is a blessing, but I can't let those emotions override the empathetic, caring person I also am. No one listens to opinions when they are flung about in anger anyway....at least I don't. The only way ideas can really be shared is with kindness, patience, temperance, humbleness and virtue. So....I will continue striving to develop those divine qualities which I have inherited, and keep my feistiness for things that really matter!