Monday, January 26, 2009

You mess with the BULL, you get the HORNS


Happy Chinese New Year!!
Our celebration started with a winter storm. Not a storm actually, but a continual soft snowfall all day long. We almost stayed home all day, which would be amazing for me since it drives me crazy to be home for and entire day.

But then, I opened my email to find a Gymboree ad showing their "Birthday Girl" t-shirt was $5 (as well as a pair of jeans). I had to got get it because I completely messed up Miriam's birthday shirt this year. I was going to have to buy a new shirt, new iron numbers, new glitter....everything! This was a much cheaper and easier route.

(last years birthday shirt)

PLUS, we got to go play at the mall foamy play place on such a cold snowy day.




I think these places are a great marketing. Mothers with young children have no where to go on snowy cold days, and if you get them to the mall they are certain to buy something....if not a whole bunch of somethings.

We had the whole place to ourselves and the kids ran themselves ragged.
We then headed to the food court to eat our apples, string cheese and crackers before we all shared a pretzel. A very kind older woman stopped by our table to say that my family was beautiful and that she was impressed with the sack lunch I brought for the kids. It is absolutely amazing how compliments from a stranger can make me so happy. Tears came to my eyes!

We ended the evening enjoying dinner at Cutlers with Grandma C and Grandpa B.
We thought about having Chinese food, in honor of the day, but sandwiches just sounded better.