Thursday, January 10, 2008

2 Great Parties

We are generally not party people, so it was a rare occasion for us to have 2 parties to attend last Saturday. They were both so great they helped immensely with my holiday let down.

The lovely Vanessa celebrated a milestone birthday. There were lots of people, food, laughter...the perfect birthday! It was a fun event, we were so glad we could go.

Birthday girl with her new purse (good job Regan). Her romantic giraffe house story is not mine to tell, but it's pretty cute.


Bub enjoying the party

Miriam maxin' and relaxin' at the party. Thanks for the cute outfit G'ma!


My cousin Heather had her annual White Elephant exchange party which is a highlight for me every year. That side of my family rarely gets together, we are spread across the country, and those of us in Utah....well I guess most of the rest of us are not party hosting people (excluding cousins Lisa and Burke, they do an AMAZING haunted barn every Halloween). Anyway, it's so fun to see extended family, and the exchange is always fun. Heather has video games downstairs for the boys and her daughters get out all their toys upstairs for the little girls so the adults can play games. I wish I had pictures of the crazy exchange (Bub was a bit needy at that point so I didn't attempt to get out the camera). I won't recap the whole exchange but there was reindeer poop, romantic mittens, and a carved owl involved.
Thank You Heather and Brad!!