Thursday, January 03, 2008

Ringing in 2008

The girls ready for the snow action

We had lots of great snow this year for the big holiday. In fact, we drove through part of the snow storm which was an adventure in our little Nissan. I love going to my parents cabin for New Years, thank you Mom and Dad!!




We did lots of sledding....lots and lots and lots of sledding (I am still sore) and some snowmobiling. We played charades which was hilarious with the kids. Notable performances: Marcus's transformer routine, Ali's caterpillar to butterfly, and Miriam's fishing. Most of the adults played a game called Loaded Questions, I highly recommend it if you are playing with people you know well and everyone has a good sense of humor.


Check out Josh's maxed and relaxed set up.

The kids watched a few movies on Julia's new projector for her dance studio.

The won ton rolling.

Darin has become the go to guy for won ton rolling, he ends up giving a tutorial about it every year. We also had our traditional fondue fare which is always fun. How can you not have fun when everyone has their own little spear and there is hot cheese and chocolate being flung about.
No one stayed up to ring in the New Year. We were all hammered (the all day sledding/snowmobiling type hammered, not the other type). No one even considered it except for Julia and I. We almost did it but then realized we were the only ones who would be feeding babies in the middle of the night....why would we stay up? So, I slept through the New Year but I awoke about 3 am to the sound of Miriam screaming my name, falling down the stairs and hitting her head on a metal can...then Bub woke up, then Bub woke up again....and again for good at 7:00 am. I felt like I had partied like it was 1999.