Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Build A Bear

Sarah was bringing her kids up to do Build-A-Bear so they gave Miriam a gift certificate for her birthday so we could join in the fun. The kids were so excited. Miriam said "this is the best day of my entire life", too bad she cried twice during the outing (once for a treat, once because I made her look around before deciding on her bunny's outfit). I didn't realize until seeing these pictures that Miriam is dressed like an 80's chick with her jean jacket, flouncy skirt and pearls. She has outgrown her winter clothes, it's still too cold to get the summer things out so she is stuck wearing whatever I can put together. The pearls I had nothing to do with, well, I did do the clasp, but it was her idea.

Final selection: Miriam a white rabbit, not my favorite but at least it wasn't the pink sparkle bear, Madison the endangered leopard, Marcus a brown bear.Miriam giving her rabbit good thoughts and a kiss, or something like that.
Marcus giving his bear muscle power (notice the Hulk shirt).

Madison trying on a wig. Cute redhead!

I should have gotten a picture of the finished products but right after we finished our bears the store became chaos. We had arrived and were leaving just in time for some huge Saturday rush, I wanted to get out of there and forgot to take a picture. Miriam made a "Cinderella Bunny" and that is also her name. Cinderella Bunny and Sleeping Beauty Bear are now best of friends and they sleep in her bed every night. Madison's endangered species had a very fashion forward outfit, and Marcus made a Superman Bear to match the Spider man Cat named "Sammy" at home. It was a fun day! Thanks Sarah, Madison and Marcus!