Friday, February 16, 2007

How We Celebrated our Day of LOVE


Cute hot lips from Madison and Marcus.

Fun books and cute cards from Grandparents. Miriam loves all of them, her favorite Valentine book is now The Day It Rained Hearts but I am so glad we got a copy of Somebody Loves You Mr. Hatch. Her favorite ballet story is Swan Lake followed by Sleeping Beauty and Nutcracker. Mine is Coppelia, I have never heard that story before, Giselle is quite errie.


Miriam and I made heart fish valentines with Swedish Fish for her Joy School friends and Grandparents. She couldn't get enough of the glitter glue and goggle eyes. She now puts google eyes on everything. Her friend Caleb made her the valentine carrier. It is pretty clever, just two paper plates folded and stapled together into a heart shape. Very cute valentine project idea.


I have been hiding little valentine gifts for Darin since our first year of marriage. It's never extravagant, just little treats with a note hid in his coat pocket, book bag, and car. This year, as soon as he came to breakfast Miriam said "Check your pocket Dad!" "There is something special in your car!" etc...so he found every gift before work. We got him the chocolate covered Altoids, two thumbs way up in my book!


We had strawberry, banana crepes for breakfast. This was more a treat for me than anyone else since Darin doesn't really like to eat that early, and Miriam only likes strawberries and cream. Happy Valentines Day to me! I am worth fresh whipped cream so I went all out ha ha.


We gave Miriam the book Cookies Bite-size Life Lessons by Amy Krouse Rosenthal, and illustrated by one of my favorite illustrators Jane Dyer. It's a really cute book about being polite using making and sharing cookies as examples. I made a plate of cookies to go along with it.

Darin came home with surprises for us, dried mangoes for Miriam, and the new Norah Jones CD/DVD for me. I was very pleasantly shocked, I love it! We had a breakfast dinner (eggs hashbrowns, sausage) because Darin loves breakfast but doesn't eat in the mornings, nor do I get up early enough to make that kind of a meal.


We all played a rousing game of Cootie, which was interesting with Miriam. She really could care less about winning, she just wanted the Cooties to get finished and go to a "Royal Ball". She went up to bed and Darin and I watched some episodes of Freaks and Geeks, which to us is the equivalent of a romantic comedy.