This is just one corner of the room, but the whole room is just like this with the crown molding, spring green color, and alphabet cards (Thank you Mom and Dad for the help!). All the doors and trim have been painted white, the blinds are currently a cream color (not good, not good at all). I am having some businesses come out to measure the windows for new blinds just to see what my options are. The only decision I have made so far is that shutters are out at $400 a window. Any ideas would be welcome. The lamp was an $8 second hand find. It's the best treasure I have found, I don't get out to second hand shops too often.
This is Miriam's new duvet cover, it's hard to tell but those are different colored and textured ribbons. Since the new baby and Miriam will eventually share this room, I have a vision in my head of his bedding being all white with green, yellow but then blue ribbons in place of the pink, sewn on. I would like them to match so there is some flow to the room, the alphabet cards and duvet cover are a bit busy for my taste so I want to keep it clean and simple. Does anyone know where I can find plain white crib bedding?
Miriam's cousin Danielle (12) made the pillow for her for as a Christmas gift. It matches perfectly, thank you again Danielle! Then of course there is Sleeping Beauty Bear whom Miriam sleeps with every night (thanks again Mom and Dad).
I just had to post a picture of Miriam's crib quilt my mom made her. I love this quilt and wanted a picture of it in the room. The paint, alphabet cards, everything was chosen using this quilt as my guide. Ironically, by the time the room was finished, Miriam is now in a big girl bed and we are having a baby boy. I am now trying to match bedding to the room which isn't easy on a budget. I am learning a ton though, and it is fun, when it's not frustrating.