Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Sad Adventure



That is what Miriam called it, a "sad adventure". We were in a little car accident yesterday, but everyone is fine. We were only going like 5 MPH through an intersection when a girl ran her red light and took off our fender. We did some pretty good damage to her drivers side as well. It was scary and is annoying but both Darin and I felt worse for the girl that hit us than ourselves. First of all, she drove off so we reported it as a hit and run. She came back before the police arrived, having phoned the police herself, she had just freaked out and left. She is a BYU student, her family is all the way in Kentucky, and she is just 21. She didn't stop crying the entire process. She of course was upset to see she had hit a pregnant woman, with a toddler in the car, and who wouldn't be. We did our best to console her but I don't think it helped all that much. We couldn't help but think of our niece away at college. Besides having to deal with all the insurance (ARGH with clenched teeth) and my hand being bruised or sprained or something we are fine.

One lady did pull over right after the accident and gave us her phone number so she could be a witness. I have to say that was priceless, and I will do that if I ever see an accident in the future. No one stopped because there were no injuries, and I don't blame the woman for not wanting to stick around, the process takes SO long, but having her statement was wonderful. Both Darin and I knew our light was green, but the girl couldn't remember anything about her light so it would have been like we were accusing her. To have someone else verify what we saw was nice, and has been great as I have been talking to the insurance companies. Those insurance companies just make me feel like I am trying to get away with something (remember my 100 things?? My fear of being accused of something I didn't do? That is EXACTLY how they make me feel). They keep saying things like "as soon as our investigation is complete" "we need to verify your story with our client". I know, I know, they HAVE to say those things, but I don't like it. I want them to say "gosh we are sorry this is so inconvenient, lets get that car fixed shall we?".


On to Nicer issues. We received some good mail! My little brother in Brazil sent Miriam some nail art for her birthday and a Portuguese Hello Kitty card. She loves them, and doesn't want to take a bath because the stickers might fall off.



Amanda, sent me these darling magnets! I have lurked on Amanda's blog, but had no idea she knew who I was. Thank you!

Crystalyn also sent me her Happiness Maker magnet. I love glancing at it as I open and shut the fridge a million times a day. It makes me think nice and happy thoughts.